Saturday, 20 July 2013

Finally Robotics and Happy!!

When you do something new and after working over it seriously and at last when you get the desired result, the feeling that we get is really very nice to feel. Well, I am talking about the Robotics System that me and my group builded in my summer training.
    I am a student of Electronics Engineering but I have not been to any Robotics workshop yet. It is not that I am not interested but whenever I think of participating in any workshop, somehow some obstacles comes out and I end up not participating. This time for summer training I opted for training in Embbedded Systems and Applications in a firm called Brigosha Technologies. At the end of the training, groups were made and each group had to do one project. Fotunately or unfortunately that I will come to know at the end of our project, I was made the leader of the group. Our group decided for making a Wirelessly Controlled Robo with Direction And Speed Control. We named our group RoboSix(suggested by me) as we had 6 members.
    So yesterday was the first day of our project and we built the Robo, made the circuit connections and the coding was done for direction control everything went smoothly. But today we had to include the speed controls in the code. We included the new sections of code but we were not getting the corresponding output because of a silly mistake of overlooking. After torturing our brains out for some time, first we came to know that instead of flashing the new program into the microcontroller, we flashed the program of yesterday. How on earth could we get new results. When we flashed the correct program then also we faced a new problem. Forget about speed control, our motor would run only for some fractions of second and would stop. Then again realized that we need to enclose some of the statements inside loops. Then after correcting those statements, it worked as we wanted. But the maximum RPMs of the two motors were not the same, so even if we drive forward it would turn slightly to the left. But that was not the major problem. It only needs replacement of one of the motors or we could have some adjustments in the calibrating the speeds of the motors. What was required to be completely correct and in working conditions was the connections and the coding and that we had done.
    So our project was complete. And after getting our robo running correctly, a different feeling grew inside me. And that was the feeling of accomplishment, the feeling of fulfillment. I had thought of doing Robotics workshop a lot of time and missed all the workshops but after three long years of Engineering life, I got the opportunity to do Robotics in a Embedded-System training session. This actually added to my feelings of pleasure. This was actually a better experience compared to if I had done robotics in a Robotics workshop. Because in a Robotics workshop, they will teach you how to make a robo and tell you the in and outs of robotics. But here, in my case, we were not provided training about robotics. Instead we had to assemble and employ our knowledge about microcontroller, motor control and wireless communication(which were parts of our training syllabus) to build and run the Robo.
    Its a beautiful experience. And so I could not stop myself from sharing this experience in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment